5:30 p.m., Pancake Dinner
7:00 p.m., Worship/Imposition of Ashes
All are welcome!
What about Sunday School?
Bring your whole family, all ages, to worship.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.” Mt 19:14
So, what’s the lesson here? Children belong in worship. Between the weekly cycle of worship is where most faith formation happens. Check out Faith Five, http://www.faith5.org.
- High School Confirmation (Affirmation of Baptism for young adult membership in the local church),
- preparing for your child’s baptism,
- preparing for your upcoming wedding and marriage,
- faith formation between Sundays,
- becoming a mission partner (joining)?
Contact Pastor Michael Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOGOS: Cross-generational faith formation, Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Mission partners from FLC along with community guests gather weekly. Our pattern of life together on Wednesday nights is based on Acts 2:42. Here’s what we do:
- Gather around tables for a community meal.
- Break into small, cross-generational groups for connecting, caring conversation, prayer, and engaging scriptures for wisdom and making sense of our lives and Creation.
- Honor all as a child of God.
- Workshop a practicing Christian community through contemplative prayer and listening, expressing loving regard for neighbor/Creation, peacemaking and restorative justice, creativity and play, cooperative learning for collective wisdom, personal generosity and community service, marking Sabbath time, and expecting wonder and joy.
Interested in checking out LOGOS? Let us know via email that you would like to join in on an evening and who’s all coming, email@example.com.
Structure and Safety: First Lutheran Church has an active Safe Sanctuary Policy. All adults working with children in our ministries and drivers to offsite events related to First Lutheran Church complete a yearly, confidential background check.
Who leads the ministry? Adult leadership is made up of a smaller group of highly committed adults and high school/middle school youth in partnership with the primary care adults of the children who participate. We believe in all-hands on deck when it comes to cross-generational faith formation. Why? Faith is formed in relationships not a canned curriculum.
For more insight on the practical platform and theological grounding for our cross-gen ministry on Wednesday evenings, check out this video:
FLC is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America in the South-Central Synod of Wisconsin.